ぜん

ぜん

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The New Adventure Begins!

I am finally in Japan! Honestly it seems so surreal and as if it was never going to happen or the time was never going to come.....However, the adventure did not begin without it's challenges. I felt myself being nervous and anxious about what was ahead of me in terms of moving my things (and Buddha knows I have too much!) and also getting around and knowing what I'm doing since I my Japanese is so poor! I let my mind think the worst things and put me in a state of panic, in which I told myself I could just turn around and come home if I wanted to. Alas, as my hero Osho always said, "The mind is the naysayer." So I got here and went through customs/immigration just swell and at last I was saved! Michi's dad met me at the airport after our long conversations of not understanding each other! In the end he was waiting for me at the train platform at the airport and like a trooper he helped me transport my 130 lbs of luggage onto a train that took one hour to get to my guest house! Once we found the guest house I literally unloaded, got a bit settled and we went for some dinner. Now I have to note here that I think Japanese young people are just as bad in their opinion of old people (although they won't say it out loud) since I have noticed many young people making fun of Michi's dad and even both his parents in general. I think most younger people would be embarrassed to be seen with them, but I am greatful and in their debt for their kindness and generosity and have sincerely enjoyed their company. Furthermore, the first day ended with a dinner with Michi's dad followed by a shower, and some computer time in the sitting room with my Korean mates. 

Today, Okaasama (Michi's mum) came with his dad and the three of us went to McDonald's! I haven't eaten that shit in 3 years and well I guess I broke that now! I was happy to have brekky though! After that we went through a trying time at Soft Bank to get m a cell phone! OMG, I felt sorry for the representative with my poor Japanese even with Michi's parents trying to explain as well! After that we went and had Katsu Kari (fried pork cutlet with curry sauce and rice) for lunch! It was sooooooooo good! Then we went to his parent's house, which was really nostalgic for me and odd that Michi had been home not so long ago. It was almost like a ghost had been there I guess. His dad had another present for me, which is a really pretty scarf! After that they were kind enough to show me where I will be working this week and after that we ended up at an Italian restaurant! All the food was very delicious and I am thankful to them for their treats and also because I might not have eaten three meals just because I have not had an appetite lately. They are really kind and I owe them much when the right payment will come along.

I would just like to end today's entry by saying that it has been sort of strange revisiting places I have already been here, especially without Michi. It all seems a shame that it's over between us because there were so many beautiful things we did together and it's gone. 私はばかやねん。。。I'm an idiot....

And last I am posting a picture of a shrine that is kitty corner from my guest house. This is the sort of thing you see everywhere, a Buddhist temple next to a Mobile gas station....and a random shrine on a corner....

No comments:

Post a Comment