ぜん

ぜん

Monday, January 21, 2013

Livin' da Life!

Today is day three and I am damn tired! I'd like one day to just go bathe somewhere perhaps......However, it's been great! Michi's parents helped me haul my luggage from the guest house to my apartment, which was incredibly exhausting and hard work, especially for them! Spent the day doing that and then the gas man came to my place and after we had to go house shopping! It was so much fun and so awesome how his parents have sort of taken responsibility for me in a way suggesting what I "should have" for my place and all! They have been very kind and generous indeed. I am forever greatful to them to be sure.

Anyway, I've forgotten to mention some of my thoughts and observations along the way during my  recent adventures. Honestly, everything here is so normal for me despite not understanding most of what people say and only being able to read certain things. I often even forget I am the only foreigner and everyone else around is essentially the same by race and nationality. Then it comes to my attention and I realize there are people staring at me, looking at the white girl with big round eyes! I never care though. I also feel very "free" here, comfortable, and at peace. I could be happy living here forever, but I don't find myself "being" Japanese anymore, I am just Mel and that's it. Perhaps some of it will rub off  and I will become more like them than I think, we'll see. Another thing is my ability to make friends, I don't really know what I do, but it seems people are easily drawn to me and I already made new Korean friends of all people! In addition, now that I am here and "free" it seems the dating population has increased by 100! However, so far there is no one who has come forward nor has there been anyone exceptional either. I am not so worried about it right now, but it is interesting none the less!

I am sure I am forgetting something, but I am quite tired and have many more emails and what not to finish. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment