ぜん

ぜん

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Living My Life

I've been a bit behind because honestly I haven't felt like writing.......However, I forgot to put down a few things I would like to put here. First is that I am so delighted to see vending machines every half a kilometer with some many yummy drinks! Second is how much I am like a kid because I get to ride a train every day! I really look forward to my train ride haha! There are many little things that I appreciate a lot, which makes life so enjoyable here.

The other night I found myself doing something that I rarely do and that is eating food I am not familiar with. I was pretty sure I was going to be eating some kind of fish, so I didn't ask questions, just ate it and pretended that I couldn't decide what it was! I knew I was eating maguro sashimi (raw tuna) but the tempura I didn't know what it was and later learned I ate mussels! Gah gag! 

Yesterday I went to Kyoto for a trip to see some friends. I am constantly surprised at people's generosity here! My friend there has offered to help me find a job and even give me a place to stay if I paint some pictures for him for his guest house. It was an interesting day to be sure and I even got lost on the trains haha no surprise there! I really better get more sleep tonight so I can start thinking straight!

As for today, I met with Michi's parents. They are the kindest people on the planet. I met them at Nanba, another place I got lost at the other day. Just when I got to the station and was looking for the Kintetsu exit there they were right before me! I always feel so happy and at peace when I see them. I suppose I feel safe with them too. We had lots of coffee and food, which always seems to be the way of things! We went to see dolls at Takashimaya Department store for hina matsuri (Girl's Day Festival) They were very beautiful and also expensive. Anyways, I enjoyed it very much as I felt very inspired by the art in general on that floor. I also went to Aoyama, which is a popular coffee chain here in Japan. It was pretty good, but if there are two things I would have to say are expensive here it's tea, coffee, and the train fairs! 

I am sure I am forgetting something, but this is it for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment