ぜん

ぜん

Monday, May 9, 2011

Returning to Life

I haven't been keeping up the last few weeks because everything got out of control before I left for Oz. Seemed like I barely got it all done just in time. Going overseas always changes everything, at least for me. I had a 10 hour layover at LAX and while wasting away the time there it occurred to me that I have never been more sure about moving overseas. Even though getting through the airports was rough this past time, it's my life and what I do. How I've missed traveling overseas these past two years. 

During this past trip I never felt more like myself, like the person I know I am, and who I always want to be when I'm here in the states. This trip went beyond my expectations in terms of relationships. It was a laid back trip, as we just took our time doing things and didn't rush to pack a bunch of things in the short time we had. I got to spend time with my friend Tobias and his family, who I met for the first time in 2 years. I really love his family and enjoy his lads. My relationship with Michi is beyond anything I could have ever expected. I never could have expected such happiness to exist.

However, I am already miserable being back here. I thought I would have loads to keep me busy, but I have already sorted everything thing out that was waiting for me. School has slowed down, and work is always like "whatever" just go and get it done, so there's not much else to do. Hopefully Japanese lessons will keep me busy and I will most likely bury my nose in a few books again to pass the time. In addition to escaping from the boredom which this place consists of, I should begin my preparations to leave here next year. At least tomorrow begins my juujutsu training again and more of my time will be absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment