ぜん

ぜん

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Can't Sleep....

I have to be awake at 6:30 a.m. to go to work and I can't sleep at all. I suppose taking a nap earlier might not have been a good idea. Also there are many thoughts going through my mind right now. Michi's dad emailed me, which I am really happy about. I already know they are safe, but it's still really good to hear from him. I miss everyone so much and can't wait to be back in Japan next year. I'm also getting a little more excited because my trip to Oz is in a little less than a month.

Aside from that I can't help feeling that everything is in place. I haven't felt so genuinely in my element in a long time. Japan for instance feels like my home more than any other place, and I feel really connected there, although I am not biologically Japanese. Then being a Buddhist feels so right too. There is a saying in yoga that goes, "Right mind, Right body, Right living." This is exactly what it feels like. Perhaps this is what unmei (fate) is. I would like to make the distinction that I do not call myself a Buddhist to be placed in a group, after all it's only a label, but rather I am quite happy I follow the teachings of Buddha. Those teachings help me to reflect upon being a better person. I am happy I can love and have compassion for others, while striving to be better each day as a person. 

I'm still not tired, but feel better having put down these lingering thoughts. I should attempt to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment