ぜん

ぜん

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sakura ~ 桜~

Tonight I was driving in my car all happy singing Japanese Pop songs....yes Japanese Pop. It hadn't even occurred to me until I parked the car that everything I had listened to was in Japanese and it all sounded so completely normal to me, even though there are still some words I don't know. I'm always happy singing in Japanese, but upon realizing what I had been unconsciously doing, what felt so normal to me, I felt even happier knowing that even through something like pop-culture I am bridging a gap between cultures. It made me recall a friend Yoshi-san because he posted one of my favorite songs today. My thoughts then wandered onto how I can only use simple Japanese with him, but even the smallest things I am able to communicate with him still make a big difference and is bridging the gap.

Even after six years I find it amazing how deeply Japanese culture has permeated my heart. So much that it has stolen my heart and I must return there to reclaim it if that's even possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment